Custody Modifications Attorneys in Wyoming

Helping You Seek Necessary Changes to Your Support Agreements

Once a divorce has been finalized and spousal and/or child support has been ordered, many people believe that the judge’s findings are set in stone. This is not the case. While the details of the divorce remain unchanged, modifications can be made to spousal and child support. This is done by filing a petition with the family court for the desired changes and going before a judge if the other spouse is not in agreement.

At 307 Law Office, we understand that your original spousal and/or child support agreement may no longer be what’s best for you and your family. Our Gillette and Newcastle modifications attorneys can represent you during the modification process. Attorney Dwight Hurich, who acted as Of Counsel to the firm for the first two years, has more than 30 years of experience in family law and is widely respected for his work in this area. Together, we can help you work towards a favorable outcome for your support modification needs.

Get in touch with our office manager at (307) 257-6368 to schedule a free consultation with our attorneys today.

Reasons Why Modifications May Be Necessary

While the terms of a divorce may initially work for all parties involved, changing circumstances can lead to a need for new agreements. There are a few reasons that may necessitate a modification to a spousal or child support order.

You may wish to seek support modifications in the event of:

  • A change in employment status
  • A change in net income
  • A marital status change
  • A move in residence
  • A significant medical event

If you are seeking modifications for any of these or other reasons, our family lawyers at 307 Law Office can help you pursue the changes and adjustments you need.

How Does the Modifications Process Work?

If you have a change in your income or employment status, or you find out that your former spouse has had a change in income or employment status, it may be necessary to request a modification to your spousal or child support order. In order to do so, you must file a modification petition. Your former spouse has 20 days to respond to the petition, after which time a hearing will be set. If you cannot come to an agreement with your former spouse regarding an increase or decrease in support, our Gillette modifications attorneys can help. We can assist you with everything from the petition filing process to representation in court, if necessary. Our attorneys use their resources and access to seasoned family lawyers in order to fight for your best interests.

Contact 307 Law Office for Help in Gillette & Newcastle, WY

Life rarely stays the same after divorce, and the spousal or child support arrangements ordered in family court do not always make sense months or years later. People get married, change jobs, or lose jobs. If you have found yourself in need of modifications to your original support agreement, our firm is prepared to help. We bring the efficiency of new practices and the knowledge of years of experience in family law together to better assist you through the process.

Call Rosie Maynard at the office of 307 Law Office at (307) 257-6368 for a free consultation regarding your support modifications.