Founder and Managing Attorney
Alex spent his childhood and early adulthood working for his father in title insurance in eastern Iowa. He obtained his J.D. from Indiana University School of Law. While in law school, he coached the college policy debate team, was President of the Moot Court Society, and was Executive Production Editor of the Indiana Health Law Review. He also clerked for a criminal law professor and a criminal defense attorney during law school.
After becoming a lawyer, Alex and his wife lived in Chicago, Mason City, Iowa, and Davenport, Iowa. In 2014, Alex joined the RT Cox Law Firm in Gillette, Wyoming, as an associate attorney. There, he gained experience representing both individuals and businesses in trial litigation with a focus on oil and gas issues.
In 2016, Alex founded his own law firm. For two years, he focused exclusively on family law under the mentorship of Dwight Hurich, a local family law attorney with 35 years of experience, and Felix Sowada, the Bankruptcy attorney in Gillette. In 2018, Alex was elected Weston County Attorney where he prosecuted crimes, petitions for juvenile intervention, and counseled the county on civil matters. Alex Berger also performs investigative services for the Wyoming Board of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors and the Wyoming Mental Health Professions Licensing Board regarding complaints against licensed professionals. In Wyoming, he focuses his law practice on helping people file personal bankruptcy.
- J.D.; Indiana University School of Law, magna cum laude
- B.S. History; Illinois State University, with honors
- B.S. Philosophy; Illinois State University, with honors
- Iowa State Courts
- Wyoming State Courts
- Michigan State Courts
- Wyoming United States District Court
- North Dakota United States District Court
- Western Michigan United States District Court
- Weston County and Prosecuting Attorney, 2019-2021
- Legal Aid of Wyoming, Inc., Board of Directors, 2020-Present
- Community, Advocacy, Resources, Education (CARE) Board, 2020 – 2021
- Weston County Court Security Committee Member, 2019 – 2021
- Weston County Public Records Official, 2019 – 2021
- Weston County Annex Superintendent, 2019 – 2021
- Second Chance Ministries Board; Vice-Chair, 2015 – 2019
- Town of Upton Judge, 2018
- Boys and Girls Club of Campbell County Board; Vice-Chair and City Appointee, 2015 – 2018
- City of Gillette Board of Adjustment; Chairman, 2015 – 2017
- Gillette Area Leadership Institute; Graduate, 2016 – 2015