Attorney Sean Brown is a skilled lawyer and founding partner of Berger & Brown. Prior to attending law school, Sean worked as an adjunct professor of philosophy and research assistant at Indiana University. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Indiana University, graduating summa cum laude and finishing in the top 10 of his class. During his time in law school, Sean was an editor for the Indiana Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Order of the Barristers.
While in law school, Sean clerked for Ladendorf & Ladendorf Law in Indianapolis, where he wrote a successful Petition to Transfer to the Indiana Supreme Court. This successful petition reversed a prohibition on recovering attorneys’ fees under Indiana’s Adult Wrongful Death Statute. Sean also gained invaluable experience dealing with medical malpractice cases, composing submissions for Medical Review Panel members regarding appropriate standards of medical care and injury causation.
Sean also clerked with the Indiana Attorney General, Appeals Division. During this time, he drafted a successful Petition to Transfer and corresponding brief regarding an issue of first impression for Indiana’s stalking laws that obtained a favorable judgment. He also composed more than a dozen briefs for submission to the Indiana Court of Appeals that resulted in twelve favorable decisions, and researched a wide variety of criminal law issues, including rules of evidence, sufficiency, double jeopardy, resisting law enforcement, and jury instructions. As a result of this experience, Sean is an excellent legal writer and brings that skill as part of the team at Berger & Brown.
From 2012 to 2016, Sean worked as an associate attorney at Clark, Quinn, Moses, Scott & Grahn, LLP in Indianapolis. There, he worked in multiple practice areas. Sean helped guide clients through the probate process. He also provided general civil litigation services. Sean also provided transactional services to corporate entities and municipalities, including negotiating numerous land purchase contracts and construction loan agreements for senior housing care.
In 2017, Sean moved to Gillette, Wyoming and joined Berger & Brown. At the firm, Sean focuses on helping individuals through chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcies, personal injury litigation, and criminal defense. Sean also serves as a contract public defender.
Sean is admitted to practice law in state and federal courts in Indiana and Wyoming.
- J.D.; Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, summa cum laude
- M.A. in Philosophy; Indiana University, summa cum laude
- Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Ethics; Indiana University, summa cum laude
- B.A. in Philosophy; Indiana University
- A.A. in Liberal Arts; Vincennes University, summa cum laude
- A.S. in Computer Networking and Programming, summa cum laude
- Indiana State Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Diabetes Youth Foundation/Camp R.O.C.K.S. (Autism Camp)
- Indiana University, Adjunct Professor of Philosophy, 2006 – 2011
- Indiana University, Teaching and Research Assistant, 2006 – 2008
- Northwood Christian Church, Food Pantry Volunteer